EXECUTIVE ORDER NO. 10
Series of 2020
IMPLEMENTING A COMPREHENSIVE PROGRAM FOR THE STRICT ENFORCEMENT OF PREVENTION, CONTROL AND MANAGEMENT MEASURES AGAINST THE CORONAVIRUS DISEASE 2019 (COVID-19)
WHEREAS, on March 8, 2020, the Office of the President issued Proclamation No. 922 declaring a State of Public Health Emergency throughout the Philippines owing to the global spread of the coronavirus disease;
WHEREAS, on March 11, 2020, with the continued spread of the corona virus disease throughout the world, the World Health Organization has characterized the spread of the disease as a pandemic;
WHEREAS, on March 12, 2020, the Interagency Task Force (IATF) for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases of the National Government issued Joint Resolution No. 11 for the management of Covid-19, providing for strict social distancing guidelines;
WHEREAS, on March 13, 2020, Governor Arthur C. Yap issued Executive Order No. 8 discouraging mass gatherings, including but not limited to cockfighting, concerts and other similar events;
WHEREAS, Republic Act No. 7160, otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991, authorizes the Municipal Mayor to carry out such emergency measures as may be necessary during and in the aftermath of man-made and natural disasters and calamities;
NOW THEREFORE, premises considered and by virtue of the authority vested upon me under the Local Government Code and other existing laws, I, Elvi Peter L. Relampagos, mayor of the Municipality of Loon, Bohol, do hereby declare and order the following:
1. Everybody is encouraged to avoid public places, especially where people converge, and stay at home most of the time. Wherever situated, everyone must observe health and
sanitation practices, like frequent hand-washing, covering one’s mouth when coughing or sneezing, not spitting anywhere, social distancing, reducing physical contact with other persons, and bringing disinfectants like alcohol and hand sanitizers.
2. All planned or spontaneous gatherings are discouraged. In view of this, such gathering is defined as any event that involves more than 20 people, for example:
a. Basketball games in all barangay courts, and all sports competitions;
b. Programs, concerts and other public entertainment;
c. Commemorations, inaugurations and graduations;
d. General assemblies, meetings and reunions;
e. Training activities, seminars and workshops; and
f. Other similar activities and events
3. All planned activities of schools and sectoral groups shall be suspended until further notice. Meanwhile, indispensable events, like wakes for the deceased, burial rites, and others, shall observe sanitary and social distancing regulations.
4. Within this period of emergency, everybody is enjoined to strictly observe curfew hours between 8:00 p.m. and 4:00 a.m. In particular, business establishments that operate 24/7
shall abide by this order, as well as mahjong sessions and ambulant food businesses like barbecue stalls. Meanwhile, converging in groups in public plazas and other places is strictly prohibited. The Philippine National Police and the Barangay Tanods are enjoined to enforce this particular order.
5. The operation of the Ticugan Danicop Springs, Rock Island Cove, and other picnic destinations, be they public or private, shall be suspended immediately until further notice. The concerned Punong Barangays are enjoined to enforce this order.
6. All public or private offices and business establishments, including public markets, restaurants and other eating places, as well as resorts and accommodation establishments,
are hereby required to provide their clients and visitors hand-washing facilities, sanitizers or alcohol. It is highly recommended that they conduct temperature checks at their respective entry points. Furthermore, all resorts and accommodation establishments are discouraged from accepting new bookings.
7. The Municipal Health Officer, through the Barangay Health Workers, shall monitor the health of individuals in the municipality, particularly as regards the occurrence of flu-like symptoms, fever, cough, body weakness, diarrhea, and difficulty or shortness of breath.
8. All barangay residents shall support the monitoring activities of the RHUs by reporting promptly to their respective Barangay Health Workers who shall likewise immediately report to the concerned Municipal Health Officer or Rural Health Physician. Furthermore, every Barangay Kagawad and his/her respective Purok Leader shall take active roles in the
monitoring and reporting activities. Meanwhile, the Municipal Health Officer shall advise hospital confinement whenever necessary.
9. Passengers of public utility jeeps (PUJs) shall observe social distancing of at least one meter from each other. Habal-habal shall allow only one passenger per trip. For every trip,
tricycles shall carry only two passengers per trip, one in the front seat and another in the back seat. All drivers and conductors shall wear face masks.
10. Employees of both public and private agencies are discouraged to report for work whenever they feel sick. They shall report for work only when completely recovered.
11. Community quarantine shall be imposed in the following instances:
a. Barangay-wide quarantine when there are at least two (2) positive Covid 19 cases belonging to different households within the barangay;
b. Municipality-wide quarantine when there are at least two (2) positive Covid 19 cases belonging to different barangays within the municipality.
12. All Punong Barangays, with the assistance of the Barangay Health Workers, are required to create their respective Barangay Emergency Management Plans;
13. The Local Chief Executive shall order access to appropriate barangay budget item for the enforcement of anti-Covid measures.
14. The Municipal Health Office (MHO), the Municipal Social Welfare and Development Office (MSWDO), the Municipal Tourism Office (MTO), the Municipal Planning & Development
Office (MPDO), and the Local Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office (LDRRMO), with the leadership of the latter, are hereby tasked to formulate an LGU Emergency
Management Plan as well as a Communication, Education and Public Awareness (CEPA) Plan. Furthermore, these offices and all barangays are hereby directed to strictly enforce this Executive Order.
15. All officials and employees of the Local Government Unit of Loon and LGU-based national government agencies are not exempted from the enforcement of this Executive Order. Furthermore, they shall actively participate in public awareness efforts and implementation of anti-Covid measures and not in any instance use his/her being a government employee as an excuse to commit acts in violation of this Order.
16. Failure to abide by the foregoing guidelines and measures shall be meted with appropriate action, in accordance with relevant laws and regulations. The Municipal Government of Loon shall regularly evaluate the restrictions based on the findings of the Municipal Health Office.
This Executive Order shall take effect immediately and shall remain in force until expressly revoked.
Issued this 17th day of March 2020 in the Municipality of Loon, Bohol.
ELVI PETER L. RELAMPAGOS
To download in pdf format, click here.