The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration of the Department of Labor and Employment is offering the SKILLS-FOR-EMPLOYMENT SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM.
Who can apply? The main qualifications are:
- Applicants should be children of OFWs, or single brothers or sisters of unmarried OFWs.
- Applicants must be 18-23 years old.
- The OFW must be currently working abroad or, if not working or no longer working abroad, their OWWA membership / accreditation must still be valid.
Any of the following can apply:
- ALS passer
- High school graduate
- College level
- Unemployed college graduate
There are at least five (5) training courses available, as follows:
- Cookery (40 days)
- Food and Beverage (45 days)
- Bartending (40 days)
- Japanese language (3 months)
- Caregiving (6 months)
- Application form (available at the Office of the Mayor)
- 1″x1″ ID picture, 4 pieces
- Photocopy of valid ID with photo
- Proof of OWWA membership / receipt (2 photocopies)
- Certificate of Eligibility to be issued by the training center (2 copies)
- Birth certificate of OFW’s son or daughter (2 photocopies)
- Birth certificate of single OFW and his/her unmarried brother or sister
- Certificates of No Marriage (CENOMAR) of the single OFW and his/her unmarried brother or sister (2 photocopies)
- Notarized Affidavit of No Children for married OFW with no children (2 photocopies)
- Marriage contract from NSO, for spouse applicant (2 photocopies)
LEARN JOB SKILLS FOR FREE!!!
You can download the form here: http://bit.ly/2H5nMIg
For details, please contact:
CRISTOR N. LANGAMEN
Office of the Mayor