A peaceful and growing agri-ecotourism and trading town with empowered people who nurture their heritage and sustainably manage their resources through shared and service-oriented governance.
To create a tourist- and business-friendly environment by sustainably managing the town’s resources and heritage while promoting peace, health and prosperity.
Visit Loon’s Tourist Attraction
- Loon Coastal Geomorphic Conservation Park (417-hectare |1,030-acre| intertidal zone uplifted as a result of the 2013 earthquake)
- Loon Macaques: a mainstream tourist destination featuring the crab-eating mangrove monkeys (Cantomocad)
- Cabilao island
- Dive sites
- Cabilao Island Lake
- Green Footprint Lagoon
- Cabacungan Fish Sanctuary
- Tubig-Loon Spring Park
- White beaches and sand bars (Cabilao and Sandingan Islands)
- Mangrove gardens (Tangnan, Pig-ot, Basdacu, Napo, Cogon Norte, Basac, Tajang Causeway, Sandingan)
- Caves (Cantam-is Baslay and many upland barangays)
- Mount Canmanoc
- Mount Tan-awan: highest point of Loon
- Moalong River and Antaeg Spring and Lagoon
- Piong and Kabantian Falls
- Danicop Ticugan Springs
- Endemic animals: hammerhead shark, pygmy seahorse, monkeys, exotic birds, mamag (tarsier), kagwang (a lemur-like gliding mammal), tinggawong (bearcat)
BEST TOURIST ATTRACTIONS ACCORDING BY THE DEPARTMENT OF TOURISM
[logo-showcase id=”380″ title=””]
ZERO PERCENT CORRUPTION
We encourage all our citizens to FIGHT corruption so that this community will be a BETTER place for everybody.
TRANSPARENCY IN ALL ASPECTS
OPENNESS, ACCOUNTABILITY, and HONESTY in all aspects. Promotes accountability and provides information for citizens about what the Government is doing.
We do it well, we do it BETTER! we do it for the benefits of the citizen and we do it FAST!
As the community develops we never put the environment in a corner, we maintain our good environment and improve our ways to preserve it for our next generation.
Welcome to Loon!
On the southwesternmost corridor of Bohol lies this biggest municipality of the province, with communities spread in gently rolling hills, beautiful plateaus, lofty mountains and two islands. Named after the mixing together of spring water and the sea, Loon is blessed with natural resources and people’s culture. Join us as we turn back the hands of time and walk through heritage structures and communities of warm-hearted people steeped in cultural traditions.
Experience adrenaline rush as you trail mazes of mangroves, cross rivers, scale mountains, and discover caves that have remained unexplored for many years. Reward yourself with the beauty of nature and let cascades of water massage your weary body. Explore amazing dive sites and island lakes, marvel at Cabilao’s biodiversity and the craftsmanship of its community, or sunbathe on white beaches and sand bars.
Again, with the warmest of hearts and the best of intentions, we welcome you!
– Mayor Elvi Peter L. Relampagos.
Need help? Let us know you concerns by sending us a message. The message is directly sent to the Mayor’s email inbox.